These Terms and Conditions are between World Ethical Data Forum Ltd (“WEDF”) and the person who completes the relevant ticket booking form (“You”) for the World Ethical Data Forum Event as described in the booking form (“Event”).
Confirmation of bookings
- All bookings are subject to availability and acceptance by WEDF, which will be confirmed in writing (including by e-mail) after WEDF has received the completed booking form, the related fee if required (the “Fee”), and other relevant information that WEDF may require.
- Upon written confirmation from WEDF, to You, of the acceptance of your booking for a place at the Event there shall be a legally binding contract between WEDF and You to which these terms and conditions apply.
- WEDF reserves the right to refuse to accept any booking at its absolute discretion.
- Fees for the Event are correct at the time of publication. WEDF reserves the right to change the Fees at any time but changes will not affect registrations which have already been confirmed by WEDF. The Fees (where required) are payable at the same time as You submit your booking form by credit card, debit card or PayPal. Fees for the tickets are instant, non-recurring payments, unless otherwise explicitly indicated. You acknowledge that WEDF cannot guarantee places held on a provisional basis and that places may sell out.
- The Fees include:
- For conference delegates: one place at the Event, refreshments, lunch and Event materials.
- For awards dinner delegates: one place at the awards dinner and cocktail reception, refreshments, dinner and Event materials.
- The Fees do not include travel to or from the Event or any accommodation costs incurred.
- Under VAT Excise regulations delegates from all countries are required to pay VAT @ 20% on all Events taking place in the United Kingdom. For Events in other countries, delegates are required to pay any VAT, excise duty or other sales tax which may be applicable.
Changes, Cancellations and Postponements
- In certain circumstances it may be necessary for WEDF to alter the content, format, venue or timing of an Event. All delegates will be notified of such changes prior to the Event.
- If You cannot attend an Event for which You have registered, please contact WEDF as soon as possible (and in any event no later than 24 hours before the Event) at email@example.com or World Ethical Data Forum, Ltd., Madison Building, Midtown, Queensway, GX111AA Gibraltar. WEDF may at our absolute discretion allow You to send a substitute in your place (provided that WEDF has received the details of such substitute) or allow You to attend the next available Event.
- If You notify us that You wish to cancel your attendance at an Event for which a Fee is payable, then cancellation charges shall apply as follows (please note that refunds may take up to 14 working days to be processed), which You agree represent a genuine pre-estimate of the costs WEDF will incur as a result of cancellation:
Written notice received by us % of Fee to be charged More than 45 days prior to the first day of the Event 25% Within 45 days to the first day of the Event 100%
The refund will be distributed in the same form as the original payment was received (e.g. credit card payment will refund to the same credit card account number).
- WEDF may in exceptional circumstances need to postpone or cancel an Event, and we will notify You as soon as reasonably practicable of any such postponement or cancellation. If an Event is cancelled, or if an Event is postponed and You cannot attend the rearranged date, we will refund any Fees You have paid in advance within 8 weeks. You agree that WEDF’s liability to You will be limited to the amount of the Fees You have paid and WEDF will not be liable to You for any expenditure, transactional costs, damage or loss incurred by You as a result of the cancellation or postponement. Should WEDF be forced to delay, relocate or cancel an event due to any Force Majeure (defined below, under "WEDF Liability"), no refunds will be given, however, WEDF may, at its sole discretion, exchange event tickets for entry to any future WEDF Event.
- WEDF reserves the right to cancel your attendance at the Event and retain any Fees received in respect of your proposed Event attendance if You (or any of the shareholders or directors of the legal entity which You represent) become(s) subject to any Sanction, or continuation of these terms would (in the reasonable opinion of WEDF) expose WEDF or any of its affiliated companies to any Sanction, where “Sanction” means any sanction, prohibition or restriction under United Nations resolutions or the trade or economic sanctions, laws or regulations of the European Union, United Kingdom, or the United States of America.
Your attendance at the Event
- Please advise us of any special access requirements at the time of making your booking.
- WEDF reserves the right, without any liability, to refuse You admission or eject You from the Event for failure to comply with these Terms; or if in WEDF’s opinion You represent a security risk, nuisance or annoyance to the running of the Event.
- You are permitted to make reasonable video or audio recordings and to take photographs at the Event, in each case for your own personal use. You must not make video or audio recordings of the whole (or substantially the whole) of the Event or of any session within the Event, or use any recordings or photographs for commercial purposes, unless expressly permitted by WEDF.
- You acknowledge that the Event or part of it may be filmed by audio, visual, audio-visual or electronic means or photographed, including photographs of individuals or groups of delegates. You agree to permit WEDF, or any third party licensed by WEDF, to use and distribute such footage and photographs, which may feature images of You, in all or any media (including social media) whether now known or hereafter to be invented throughout the world in perpetuity for the purposes of advertising, publicity, reporting and otherwise in relation to the exploitation of such recordings and photographs. Please inform the photographer if You do not wish to be included in any individual or group photographs.
- You are responsible for arranging your own appropriate insurance cover in connection with your attendance at the Event. To the maximum extent permitted by law, WEDF shall not be liable for any kind of loss or damage to You or your personal property, unless caused by our negligence.
- Materials distributed by or on behalf of WEDF at an Event may not be reproduced without WEDF’s permission.
- Views expressed by speakers are their own and WEDF disclaims all liability for advice given or views expressed during an Event. Materials distributed at an Event are intended for information only and should not be relied upon.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, WEDF shall not be liable to You for any direct, indirect, economic or consequential loss or any loss of business, use, profit, anticipated profit, contracts, revenues, goodwill or anticipated savings arising in connection with this Agreement, even if You have been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage.
- WEDF shall not be liable for any delay or failure to perform any of its obligations, including cancellation or rescheduling an event, if the delay or failure results from any event or circumstance not within its reasonable control, without limitations:
- acts of God, flood, drought, earthquake, or other natural disaster;
- infectious diseases, epidemic or pandemic;
- terrorist attack, civil war, civil commotion or riots, war, threat of or preparation for war, armed conflict, imposition of sanctions, embargo, or breaking off of diplomatic relations;
- nuclear, chemical or biological contamination or sonic boom;
- collapse of buildings, fire, explosions, or accident;
- any labour or trade dispute, strikes, industrial action or lockouts; and
- interruption or failure of utility services.
collectively referred to as Force Majeure.
- WEDF will notify You as soon as reasonably possible if an Event for which You have registered is affected by a Force Majeure. Such notice may be given by e-mail (even if You haven't signed up to marketing e-mails), or by a statement published on this website.
- Should WEDF be forced to delay, relocate or cancel an event due to any Force Majeure, no refunds will be given, however, WEDF may, at its sole discretion, exchange event tickets for entry to any future WEDF Event.
- The names, job titles and organisations of all registered delegates will be placed on the delegate list for the Event. This list will be provided to sponsoring companies and to all delegates via an online attendee directory, so that they can see who is at the Event for the purpose of networking and meetings. If You do not wish to be included on this list please email firstname.lastname@example.org at the time of making your booking. Delegates who register for the online attendee directory acknowledge and agree that they shall not, under any circumstances, use the delegate list for their own promotional and marketing purposes.
- WEDF will only contact you for marketing purposes, and will only pass on your contact details to sponsors for marketing purposes, to the extent that you expressly consent to this (for example, by opting in during the registration process).
- These terms contain the entire agreement between You and WEDF.
- If any provision of these terms is held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason by any court of competent jurisdiction, such provision shall be severed and the remainder of the provisions will continue in full force and effect as if the terms had been executed with the invalid, illegal or unenforceable provision omitted.
- Any express or implied waiver to perform any obligations under these terms will not prevent the subsequent enforcement of them.
- A person who is not a party to these terms has no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of these terms.
- These terms shall be governed by Gibraltar law and You hereby irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Gibraltar courts. Nothing in this clause shall limit WEDF’s right to take proceedings against You in any other court of competent jurisdiction.
- If You have any questions about these Terms & Conditions, please contact email@example.com.
- These Terms & Conditions were first published on 5 July 2020 and apply to all bookings placed from that date until these terms and conditions are superseded by a new version. Newer versions are added to the table below together with the date and a short summary of the changes.